Sunday, November 29, 2020

Important Formula Transformer - 1

  

EMF Equation of transformer

E = 4.44fNBmax A

Where

f = Supply frequency in Hz

N = Number of winding turns

Bmax = Maximum flux density in weber per meter square

A = Cross section area of core in meter square

Primary induced emf

E1 = 4.44fN1Bmax A

Secondary induced emf

E1 = 4.44fN2Bmax A

 

Voltage transformation ratio ( k )

K = E2 / E1 = V2 / V1 = N2 / N1 = I1 / I2

 

Turns ratio

N1 / N2 = E1 / E2 = V1 / V2 = I2 / I1 = 1 / k

 

 

Volts per turns

E2 / N2 = E1 / N1 = 4.44fΦmax
The volts per turn ratio remains same for primary winding and secondary winding.

 

No load input power

W0 = V1I0 Cos Φ0

Where

W0 = No load input power

V1 = Supply voltage

I0 = No load current

Cos Φ0 = No load input power factor

 

Active / working iron loss component

Iw = I0 Cos Φ0

Magnetizing current

Iµ =  I0 Sin Φ0

No load current I0 = √ ( Iw2 + Iµ2 )

No load power factor angle

tan Φ0 =  Iµ / Iw

Φ0 = tan – 1 ( Iµ / Iw )

 

Primary current ( vector addition )

I1 = I0 + I2

Where

I0 = No load current

I2’ = Reflected secondary current

 

Relation between load flux ( Φ2 ) and reflected load component flux  ( Φ2’ )

( Φ2 ) = ( Φ2’ )

N2I2 = N1I2

I2’ = ( N2 / N1 ) I2

I2’ = kI2

OR

k = I2’ / I2 = I1 / I2 = N2 / N1 = V2 / V1

Where

I2’ = Reflected load current

I2 = Load current

 

Transformer secondary resistance, reactance and impedance as referred to primary side

R2’ = R2 / k2

X2’ = X2 / k2

Z2’ = Z2 / k2

Where R2, X2 and Z2 are secondary resistance, reactance and impedance respectively and k is voltage transformation ratio

Equivalent resistance as refereed to primary side

R01 = R1 + R2

      = R1 + R2 / k2

 

Transformer primary resistance, reactance and impedance as referred to secondary side

R1’ = k2R1

X1’ = k2X1

Z1’ = k2Z1

Where R1, X1 and Z1 are primary resistance, reactance and impedance

Equivalent resistance as refereed to secondary side

R02 = R2 + R1

       = R2 + k2R1

 

Shifting of secondary voltage / current from secondary side to primary side , only transformation ratio k is used

Secondary voltage as refer to primary side

V2’ = V2 / k

Similarly, secondary current as referred to primary side

I2’ = kI2

 

Leakage reactance

XL = eL / I

 

No load resistance R0 and reactance X0

R0 = E1 / Iµ

X0 = E1 / Iw

Where E1 = Primary induced emf

 

Magnetizing ampere turns = N1I1

Demagnetizing ampere turns = N2I2

 

You may also like :

Important Formula of Corona Loss

Important Formula of Transistor

Important Formula of Transistor Tuned Amplifier

Important Formula of Modulation and De – modulation 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competition Exam Papers

MCQs on Electrical Topics

Current Affairs